Wednesday, February 27, 2008

inspiration

Where do you get your inspiriation?
I used to get mine from watching handicap folks outrun me, and get more out of a wheelchair than I can imagine. I love watching handicap citizens get around and function with others. My tendency to complain about smaller things like balled up hair on my legs, ingrown toenails, my striking reseblance to Dwight K. Shrute, and my disastisfaction with shaved heads and goatees causes me to reflect that if I was handicap and couldnt poop without some help makes my day so much better.
Like that old wiseman from SNL once said:
"Whats better than winning a gold medal in the special olympics?... well not being retarded of course." Thats not mean you guys. I really feel good when I hang out with handicaps. Thats probably why I just graduated with a Masters Degree in Special Education.
My sweet and loving wife sometimes reinforces this for me refering to me as a real empathizer with those kids. She's so right sometimes, and when she is not she alwayys reminds me that she is anyway.
Right on everyone.

B

No comments: