Saturday, March 8, 2008

Poor Talkuh

I’m back today after a weeks sabbatical. My wife informed me that a BLURG needs to be updated daily. Well, its been a long week and I got the most inspiration to write while sitting in a boring class.
First, here is another story about Mrs. Talkuh.
We have this class for 6-7 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Friday night. Yes, it’s so exciting to be here. Let’s have a moment of respect for the makers of the laptop. If not for this nice Compaq computer in front of me, I would probably be chewing my own skin off my hand.
Mrs. Talkuh, did it again last night. She stepped out for a potty break, and I did so as well a few minutes later. As I walked out of our room she was returning.
Now - let’s step back for a minute and put the funny part of this moment together.
Friday night we meet in a room on the 3rd floor of a building at UNLV. Our room we are in Friday is right across the hall from the room we meet in for Saturday. Easy to remember right? One night here and the next day, there. Right across the hall, simple. Well, good ol Talkuh demonstrated her swiftness again. I exited our Friday night room (where everyone was sitting) and Talkuh was returning.
Talkuh, instead of coming back to our room approached the Saturday room (right across the hall). This might have been excusable as a small mistake.
HOWEVER!, she caught my eye and made visual contact with me (right as I was leaving our current room), then proceeded to enter the Saturday room.
Oh Talkuh, poor Talkuh. How do you function?

Here is the best part. Talkuh, enters the Saturday room, (and by this time I have stopped mid hallway to witness the show) and then discovers the room is filled with complete strangers. These strangers are of course students in another class.
Insult to major injury now, is that there was a male professor lecturing rather loudly. You could hear the lecture through the propped open door. So now, Talkuh stands for exactly 2 uncomfortable and blank seconds before she blurts out, “Uuuoohhh..”.

Now, at this point I have decided that I would actually pay money to see more moments like this. It’s tragically hilarious to encounter such mind numbing people like this.
So there you have the weekly story of the mis-adventures of Talkuh. She and her husband by the way had matching red sweaters on. They might have been going to a Sadie Hawkins dance after, who knows?

No comments: