Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An update

Hey there kids, I have not updated my blurg for some time and it needs to be done. Like anyone responds or comments to my entries anyway. So life has been crazy the last few weeks. Here's what went down yesterday. Rachel took the girls to get some shoes at the store and so Lucy and I hung out together for most of the day. Translation: Lucy slept through the day and I watched 7 episodes of 24. Season 5 is getting intense. I called Jefferson up and told him he reminded me of the "Edgar" - (who dies from nerve gas). Only Jeff is slightly less proportioned in weight. So after my 24 maraton - I got to go do a fountain at the Hard Rock hotel. It was a small gig with only 80 people so a little bit of chocolate went a long a way. So I set the mofo up and jetted out to the House of Blues to see Dragonforce! Hot Dog I was excited. Right before the opening band came on- the CEO of "The Chocolate Guy / Las Vegas" called me and let me know the fountain was not doing well and looked carppy. the CEO / Boss (Rachel) said to get back there and fix it up. DANM! No re-entry to the House of Blues. Well- business before pleasure I guess. Too bad the business screwed up my pleasure. So I talied it over to the party at Hard Rock and much to my sidmay - the OCD party planner just didnt like how much choclate was in the fountain. It was just fine - he wanted it to look really full. Thanks alot dude, you screwed me out of a sweet power metal concert. No biggy- I filled it up and kept their confidence. You see the chocloate foundtain business is a fickle industry. Sometimes your clients just want more, and you gotta be there for em. Soooo, back to H.O.B. I forked over my next months alowance and got in to see the band. I got to see about 3.5 songs (songs lasting 6-8 minutes really) and had to go back to get the fountain. What a night. At least I put a few miles on the van to write off when taxes are due. Yah!

I'm getting excited for Thanksgiving, mostly to shoot some rabbits if everyone can get together. PLanning a hunting trip is tricky with everyones schedules - hope we can pull it off. We have decided I think to bless Lucy in Utah somewhere that weekend. Its an off Fast-Sunday, so we might have to do it in someones house. I dont really want to - but thats the only way we could get everyone there together. We once again are coming to Utah for the greater good I always say. Rachel and I really love Vegas, but its a pickle to get these big events organized so all the fam can jump in with it. So - everyone who wants to come to Lucy's blessing- keep your ears open wherever its going to be.

Quotes of the week for my class:

"Chop your own wood and you'll get warm twice."
Henry Ford

"You make your own bed"
Conscious Adult

ROCK!!!

1 comment:

Carrie and Bri said...

Hey Bri! With your aversion to blogs, I thought that included comments, but I'll give ya a comment! That sounds like quite the adventure you had. You know a chocolate covered strawberry sounds really good right now....ha ha I can't wait for you guys to get up here. Brian is excited to go shooting with you.